Manage, develop, refactor, and optimize database operations in support of OLTP, reporting, and ETL processes in a B2B environment leveraging a suite of Software-as-a-Service solutions. The technology environment is primarily Microsoft products.
We expect a lot, but we give a lot. Here is what we want from you:
- An insatiable craving for a winning culture, grounded with a heart for service.
- Have a desire to work with other technology superstars, building and operating an awesome product.
- Have a good sense of humor.
- Believe in a happiness-driven work environment.
- Likes to communicate. A lot.
- Have a “get it done” mentality.
- Not afraid to have fun.
- And of course, this:
- Analyzes and evaluates reported problems, takes responsibility for resolution, and prevents a recurrence.
- Develops, tests, implements, troubleshoots and supports data extraction, transformation, and loading processes.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implements new releases; completes maintenance requirements.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommends optimum access techniques; coordinates installation requirements.
- Proactively manages DatabasePerformance Tuning and Optimization.
- Develops and implements database business continuity plans and procedures.
- Creates new databases, tables, views, indexes, scheduled jobs, triggers, logins, etc. based on system specifications.
- Tune’sdata warehouse and other database systems for optimal performance and reliability.
- Performs index and statistics maintenance.
- Develops, implements administers, and maintains operational automation scripting.
- Maintains technical documentation related to the database systems and processes.
- Provides after-hours and weekend escalation support as required.
- Coaches, trains, and mentors other employees on proper access and use of database systems.
- Adhere to Scrum principles and philosophies in fulfillment of the role.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring, and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, including, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent training and/or experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in database design, development, and general administration.
- Preferred Experience: other database platforms such as MySQL, and NoSQL technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of SSIS, TSQL, and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 –2016
- Experience with SSRS, C#, and PowerShellwould be a plus, but not required.
- Fundamental software development methodologies, design, and implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of database backup concepts, query optimization, data security, and availability groups.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time. Demonstrate the following skills: high level of productivity, excellent written and verbal communication skills, team player, positive interpersonal skills, self-motivated and independent thinker.
- The ability to write fully optimized SQL for various scripts and stored procedures is essential
- The job requires prolonged periods of sitting (up to 7 hours) at a workstation operating a PC and phone.
- The job requires working in an office environment with other team members.
- Must be willing and able to travel, as needed.
Here’s what we give to you:
- Health/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Time-Off Policy
- A happiness-driven work environment; We like to have fun!
- Your favorite snacks and drinks
- The opportunity to work on forward-thinking products and technology
- Competitive salary