As the Controller for OrangeGrid, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing the accounting operations of the Company. As a late-stage start-up, OrangeGrid has refined its product, sales, and support capabilities such that it is well-positioned for exponential growth and significant follow-on capital raises. The Controller will be an integral part of the growth story, as accounting and cash management practices must mature and scale to meet the needs of the Company in the next phase of its development.
- A “roll-up your sleeves” mentality, doing whatever it takes to take the Company’s accounting and financial reporting functions to the next level.
- Have a desire to work with other technology superstars, building and operating an awesome product
- Have a good sense of humor
- Believe in a happiness-driven work environment
- Likes to communicate. A lot
- Have a “get it done” mentality
- Not afraid to have fun
- And of course, this:
- Manages the Company’s cashflow, A/R and A/P
- Provides cashflow forecasts to executive management and other constituents
- Generates accounting and financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or other relevant reporting standards.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the Company’s
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting (preferably QuickBooks) and tax preparation software.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- A service-oriented, execution-focused professional with a passion for getting
- The job requires prolonged periods of sitting (up to 7 hours) at a workstation operating a PC and phone.
- Occasional lifting of 5lbs required
- Bending, twisting, and stooping to file records required on a regular basis.
Here’s what we give to you:
- Health/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Time-Off Policy
- A happiness-driven work environment; We like to have Fun!
- Your favorite snacks and drinks
- The opportunity to work on forward-thinking products and technology
- Competitive salary (+$100,000 depending upon experience)