As a Configuration Engineer for OrangeGrid, you will be responsible for building business processes, workflows, tasking, and automation within a highly configurable framework for our clients of the Company’s GridReady/GridSource default management suite. Our company is looking to hire a motivated and experienced individual that enjoys working directly with a range of stakeholders including Customers and their Vendors, as well as our internal Sales, Delivery, Development, and Support staff. Ultimately, our Configuration Engineers are the authors of the user stories within our ecosystem, therefore, as a result of your efforts, OrangeGrid will deliver outstanding software solutions to its clients for their business problems.
We expect a lot, but we give a lot. Here’s what we want from you:
- Driven to solve business problems that supplement or replace legacy systems while eliminating one-off spreadsheets and databases and through integrations, duplicate data entry.
- Have a desire to work with other technology superstars and an awesome product.
- Have a good sense of humor.
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-dimensional teams
- Believe in a happiness-driven work environment.
- Likes to communicate. A lot.
- Self-motivated and has a “get it done” mentality
- Not afraid to have fun.
- And of course, this:
- Applying OrangeGrid business process and workflow methodologies to customer problems and requirements:
- Working hand-in-hand with Business Analysts, Customer Support Specialists and Delivery Managers to configure all aspects of the GridReady/GridSource suite to align with customer requirements and business objectives
- Using a mix of SQL, XML, and GUI driven tools, design, configure and implement customer business processes and data exchanges within OrangeGrid
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, rules, robotics, automation, tasking, workflow, and 3rd party integrations
- Coordinate and support third party integrations
- Engineering and demonstrating functional solutions to the customer:
- Listening to and comprehending a customer's problems and needs in order to quickly pinpoint efficiency savings
- Working with Designers and Product Managers to formulate solutions that can rapidly add value to the client while being easily supportable by OrangeGrid and maintaining long-term flexibility for customer-requested enhancements
- Providing system administration support of internal and customer-facing OrangeGrid environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects, and workflow
- Supporting the growth of OrangeGrid and its solutions:
- Working closely with product management and development to identify areas of improvement or custom development opportunities
- Sharing knowledge and create best practices to be used across all departments including Sales, IT, Executive Management and Support
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with key external stakeholders
- 7+ years’ experience administrating a configurable framework such as ServiceNow, SalesForce, or equivalent
- Proficient with writing and debugging SQL statements
- Proficient with XML
- Experience developing and troubleshooting SSRS based reporting
- Experience troubleshooting SaaS based applications
- Experience with BMPS systems such as Pega or Tipco a plus
- Possess both technical and functional skills, i.e. capable of interpreting business requirements to technical application. Produces systems and workflow diagrams.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication, effective listening, and collaboration skills.
- Experience with product design, integrated testing, migrations and implementation/release processes. Strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent working experience.
- A service-oriented, delivery-focused professional with a passion for getting results.
- Job requires prolonged periods of sitting (up to 7 hours) at a workstation operating a PC
- Occasional lifting of 5lbs required
- Must be willing and able to travel, at times extensively
- Bending, twisting and stooping to file records required on a regular basis.